Monday 3 October 2011

Tuesday’s Selections & Results – 04 October

I have found my lucky mug lurking on the window sill of my daughter’s bedroom so now that I have it back, I will have more than 1 winner..........honest.......the mug is my excuse and I’m sticking to it! 

Other lucky mug

I absolutely love this video - if you haven't been winning lately, watch it and it'll cheer you up no end and remind you what it's like to win !!)


Kieren Fallon went to Longchamp on Sunday for 2 rides and came back last on each.  Today he was riding one of Cumani’s horses (Kiwayu) who tried to make a bid for freedom in the general direction of the stables (and noms) at the bend – unsurprisingly it was a 2yo maiden race.  Paul Hanagan fared marginally better – he at least managed a third!  Silvestre De Sousa showed them how to do it (with a lot of help from Mark Johnston – 3 lots of help to be exact) when riding a four timer on Monday at Pontefract.  Watch out for the Johnston/SDS partnership over the next few days....it could be peaking time!



On Tuesday, Hanagan is at Catterick (he has a better record at Leicester) , Fallon at Leicester where he has the best record of the 3 courses (for only 3 rides though....wouldn’t he better having a rest day and recharging his 44 year old batteries?) and De Sousa is at Southwell.......this title race is hotting up – great fun!


Today’s system selections are:

Leicester

16:10  Hot Spice 2nd 

Southwell

17:50  Riflessione (4.14) 1st 

Riflessione won well despite being hampered and a profit for the system today of +2.14


Last Tuesday (and one or two Tuesdays before this) I noticed that my usual tissue was totally back to front!  That is, the horses at the top of my list (the form horses that I would expect to win) were not doing!  The horses at the foot of my list won instead in well over half of the races that I did a tissue for. 
This could lead you to believe that either (a) my inputting for Tuesday races leaves a lot to be desired but since this is done no differently to any other day of the week then I rather like (b) some 'gambling' stables target and find suitable races to land a touch in on a Tuesday. 
I shall list my top and bottom picks for the tissues that I do today as I go along and monitor the results (for fun!!).  The top row horse I shall call A and the bottom row horse will be known as Z (inventive little sausage aren't I?)
Catterick 14:30  A = Look Here's Lady (2nd at 7/2) , Z = Slenningford (UP)
Leicester 15:10  A = Jack's Revenge (1st at 8/13), Z = Look For Love (UP)

Southwell 15:20 A = Astrolibra (UP)  Z = Blue Cossack (2nd at 16/1)
(not sure if this will work with AW but soon find out!)
Leicester 15:40  A = Rougemont (1st at 13/8), Z = Repeater (2nd) (most definitely not a betting race!)


140                      131                   128 
        56                     55                     25

No comments:

Post a Comment